The Ancient
Society of
College
Youths
Est. 1637

Home            Towers           Peals            Galleries           Articles

 

DINNER TO CELEBRATE THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY
OF THE BELLS AT ST GILES, CRIPPLEGATE
Wednesday, 2nd June, 2004
at THE RED HERRING, GRESHAM STREET
(Click image to enlarge)

50 years ago, bells were restored to the tower of St Giles Cripplegate to replace those lost in the War. To mark this special occasion, a service of celebration Evensong was held in the church, conducted by the Rector, Rev'd Katherine Rumens. A choir was put together of ringers from the Society and friends and the organ was played by Mark Jones. After the service, a dinner was held at the Red Herring to conclude the day of celebration. The event was carefully organised between Gwen Rogers and the church.

Photo DrL Photo DrL
Diners at the Red Herring.
Photo DrL Photo DrL Photo DrL
Steve Taylor, Michele Ellender & Wayne Bugg. Stef Warboys, Junior Steward. Mark Jones. He played the organ for the service of celebration.
Photo DrL Photo DrL
Phil & Gwen Rogers host the table with the Rev'd Katherine Rumens, Rector of Cripplegate.
Photo DrL Photo DrL
Mark Ainsworth, Lucy Weston & Senior Steward, Simon Linford. Alan Frost hosts the table with Alan and Katherine Hughes and other members of the Whitechapel Bell Foundry who cast Cripplegate bells 50 years ago.
Photo DrL Photo DrL
Vicky Halliwell and Michael Wilby. Katie Town, Andy Bradford and Judith Rogers
Photo WB Photo WB
Keith Game. Steve Taylor and Michele Ellender.
Photo WB Photo DrL
Rhiannon Meredith and Phil Rogers. A relaxed end to the dinner.

Back to Index